The easiest and most noticeable quick fix I have done to the house in this dining room flip. Reegan’s toys multiply. Seriously, I have maybe bought her 3 toys in her life, but her grandparents and family members are just the sweetest and she is not in need. That’s for sure. The house was full of toys just everywhere, with no place to be put away, and I just couldn’t take it. So one day Jeff was working late, and I headed over to Sherwin Williams to grab paint. I can not be left unsupervised.
After MUCH trial and error, I can tell you Sherwin Williams ProMar200 is hands down the best paint ever. I kept trying Behr, and it just doesn’t go on the same. ProMar200 is everything. I decided on Taupe Tease for the new playroom and it is the perfect off white shade I have ever seen. I am super close to repainting the den with Taupe Tease (A Behr shade I color matched) as well. It is warm, but not beige, and it doesn’t shine blue or yellow. It’s flawless. 1 day of elbow grease and a gallon and a half of paint and this gold dining room morphed into a whimsical playroom.
ProMar200 is a professional grade paint and they originally wants $60 a gallon for it, but with some sweet talking and a crazy toddler in hand, they gave me the pro discount. I believe it was around $24.
The chandelier was also driving me nuts, but I wasn’t interested in spending money on new lighting for a transitional room. So, I grabbed some matte high heat white spray paint (took 2 cans), some LED light bulbs, some twine, and a ribbon and DIY’d that baby up. It didn’t take long at all and I’ll make a quick separate post about the detail of that and link it.
Switching the bulbs to LED was vital. The original light bulbs got blazing hot and I would NOT put them near twine.
At the end of the day, does a family of 3 with a toddler really need a dining room? Probably not.
** Photos are from my iPhone, I would apologize for them being lower quality than normal… but there are only 24 hours in a day.
This is the easiest DIY you will ever do! Seriously. Jeff’s mom gave us this cute out door kids patio table, but I had an idea for it. A Chalk Table! I DIY’d this little baby into a little art table asap, and it’s possibly Reeg’s favorite thing. She loves to sit and color. And the BEST part?! Chalk comes out!! (Hooray for a Mom Hack!) So, while I haven’t let her play much with crayons and markers, she is always covered in chalk. And there is zero need to get stressed over it.
One thing I can tell you for sure is that kids pick the toys they love; not you.
There are toys that we play with everyday; and toys I swore Reegs would love and she doesn’t ever touch. The other day, I was sitting on the living room floor with her and listening to this BeatBowWow Puppy sing ‘Colors’ for the 2356934th time and I became curious… What are her top 5 favorite toys?!
So, I’ll be the first to admit, I LOVE buying clothing for Reegs, but I also have to be honest and say I put her in the same stuff over and over again. Why? Because those things just work. And this whole mom thing is hard enough as it is. To make her look an like an Insta-Baby all the time it a joke. I don’t know how those moms do it. Teach me your ways, Unicorns! Teach me your ways! Anyways. I wanted to share our favorite go to’s with all of you.
Here we are. A few long and delirious weeks in our new home. 90% of our belongings trapped on a dock in Nassau, the other 10% put away in some haphazard ‘we have no furniture’ way. The air is beginning to crisp. My favorite uniforms (sweaters, jeans and boots) are back in play. And the holidays are quickly approaching. So, how are we?
Well. We are doing amazing. Sure, Jeff’s hours are longer than they were the last few years, and Reegy’s ability to get into EVERYTHING is growing daily. I’m exhausted by her consistently have more energy than me, but I have never been happier. Cheesy. Fine. But true. Slowly we are making this house our home. And while the vast empty spaces are far from ‘finished’, they are quickly filling with memories and love.
For three years, I have been aching to just get in the car and drive. Finally, this weekend we were able to do just that. We took a break from the hustle that is home reno’s and DIY’s, and took Reegy to her very first pumpkin patch. And to be honest, probably mine too. Sure, I have been to church parking lots filled with pumpkins, but I don’t think I have ever been to a straight up pumpkin farm. (Mom, fact check me here.) The drive was gorgeous, leaves of all shades, and just an hour outside of Atlanta, we found Burt’s Pumpkin Farm. Our lovely real estate agent, Kathy Lacy, let us in on this Fall must do, and even met us there to join in on the fun with her family.